Sunday, January 15, 2012

Juice Feast ~ Day 8


Today I created a nice veggie cocktail that I am very pleased to share with you. (Oh I just new I would enjoy making up my own recipes!) It is a savory juice, like a V-8 style or tomato cocktail. No sweetness to this one and it has a kick of garlic. I am enjoying it so much I made 3 Qrts of it and it is my Juice-O-The-Day. I hope you like it!

Garlic in My Garden Juice
Mks 1.5 Qrts (6 Cups)

1 bunch of kale
1 package of celery hearts (or 1 skinny bunch)
2 pints of grape (or cherry) tomatoes
2 red bell peppers
2 cloves of garlic**

Juice it! (I like to strain mine.) If you are not a big fan of garlic, you might try just one clove at first, or omit it...but then you wouldn't have Garlic in Your Garden any more, now would you?! :-) Enjoy!

** Juiced garlic is strong. It gets stronger as it sits. So if you are making some juice ahead, you might want to cut back on the garlic for that reason too. Also, as you experiment with garlic in juice. You might want to think of it as a "anti-social" cocktail. Because it may exude very strongly out of your breath, pores and/or stool. You have been warned. :-)

Yaaaa...but how do you feel? I am feeling good! I showed my first small noticeable signs of detox yesterday. My skin started breaking out and I was low energy for the first time on my fast. I suspect it might have been due to making my juice so far ahead on the day before and the enzymes nutrients being compromised because of it. However, my energy did pick up later in the afternoon that day. We also have colds circulating in our home...so it is hard to tell. That might have had something to do with it too. I wipe a lot of noses and get a lot of coughs in my face with wee-ones on my lap. Another thing I noticed, was that my beet, carrot, wheat grass juice got less sweet and a bit bitter. :-( This week, I think I will try to make by Shabbat juice just before the sun sets and see if that makes a difference. I am going to try to find that Sweet-Shabbat-Spot that works for my juice feast and convictions about that precious day. I don't want to have to juice between the sunsets of Friday and Saturday. If I must, I will eat raw whole foods and juice 6 days a week to compensate...but I really hope to find another solution so that I can maintain a completely pure juice feast from beginning to end. I am open to suggestions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment