Saturday, January 28, 2012

Juice Feast ~ Days 20 & 21

This post is my journal on both the 20th and 21st day of my feast.

Day 20 was ROUGH. It was an emotionally and hormonally charged day. It was the first day I considered quiting. I have just started my period, and it is my first since my miscarriage...so I am trying to keep all that into prospective.

Dec 21 I am considering ending this at 30 days. My appetite is gone...i find am "forcing" my juices. I think my intake is decreasing and I don't want this to become harmful if I am not diligent to do it right...so I want to be mindful of that. I miss the meal fellowship with my family. Yes, I still cook for them. Yes, I still sit at the table with them...but it just does not feel like we re "sharing a meal". It feels a bit alienating and divisive in spirit. That is NOT OK with me. Again - this might be hormonal perception...so I might have to two dragons to slay in this next week. :-)

I was told that this can also be a sort of "detox" of the liver that can make emotional wackiness...
Prayers welcome!

On a lighter note, Ben has lost 12 pounds in 3 days. He claimed he is gonna stay on the JF until he reaches his "original weight"....... 8 lbs and 7 oz. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I don't think Ben is gonna do that - hahaha. Pamela I will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete